Trip to Castle Howard

The front
So, today me and my family went out on a day trip to Castle Howard - and it was lovely.

The back.
It was a perfect day, with a blue sky and warm weather. I pigged out a bit - we had lunch there and I had a slice of Lemon Meringue Pie (which was delicious) then when we were leaving I had an ice cream (it was heavenly). Mmmmmm.

The cherry blossoms (one of my favourite flowers) were gorgeous
 The grounds were beautiful, though not many of the flowers had bloomed. The house was breath taking too - a big, old, grand affair with columns and lots of gold leaf.

Me with a shire horse named Billy
 There were so many colours here though - on the drive there, there were fields of buttery yellow rapeseed plants, then huge plots of emerald green grass. It was so pretty. Then there were fuschia's, lilac's, blues, pastle pinks, yellow's and red's surrounding us in the Castle's grounds.


Because my grandma was with us, we didn't go down to the Great Lake because the paths getting there were quite steep, though I don't feel like I missed out on anything. It was just nice leisurely walking around.

Temple of the Four Winds

When we decided to head home, my legs were aching a bit, but I felt so happy and relaxed. We ate our ice creams sat in the car with the doors wide open, just chatting. Ahh, I wish it could  have lasted longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment