REVIEW - Rimmel In Vogue lipstick

Thought I'd do another review today, after receiving the news that I have a 2nd offer (!!!), this time off UCLan. I decided to do a review on a lipstick I bought in Florida, although it is a Rimmel one, and when I came back to the UK I checked Boots out and they sell it here too (I love this shade). Here's some pictures of it...



Can I just state that the reason I used the burry picture of the lipstick (the first photograph) is because I thought it was the one that was closest to showing the lipsticks real life colour. :)

The lipstick is of course called 'In Vogue' and is a delicious hot pink. I bought it because it reminded me of Lime Crime's Centrifuchia, and I'm glad I did! It smells delightful, very vanillary and to be honest, it makes me want to eat it. The colour is fabulous as it is very pigmented and glides on easily, but this is the problem. If you're one of those people that likes to just slap a lipstick on in two seconds STEER CLEAR of this lipstick because it just goes everywhere. You need to take your time with it because when you apply it, if you make a mistake and try to rub the mistake off it just spreads over your face so you look like a two year old that's raided her mother's makeup. Also, I was at college earlier today and I ate a wrap for lunch which caused my lipstick to transfer onto my chin and nose. Thankfully, one of my friends alerted me before I like started walking around college and stuff. What makes it worse however is the fact that because this is quite a pigmented lipstick, it stains. And this is not a good thing when it is covering your nose and chin. It took a while to rub the bugger off, as I was sat in the common room and didn't want to trapse to the girls loos looking as ridiculous as I did. On the other hand, it stains. I love lipsticks that do this, because it meas you don't have to worry about them so much. This one creates a lovely stain - if they did this colour in an actual lip stain formula, I would be first in line because it is so flattering. Overall, I would recommend this lipstick, but it would come with a warning of make sure you've got enough time to apply it!

No comments:

Post a Comment