REVIEW - Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners in Bourbon and Stray Dog

Bourbon, first of all, is a lovely warm medium brown shade with a golden shimmer. Its consistency disappointed me slightly, as it took a second going over to get a deep, even colour. It also disappointed me because it was easily duped. I have two other brown eyeliners with a golden shimmer in my collection,one from Avon and one from Maybelline. The Avon one is its Super Shock Gel Eyeliner in Bronze, and in my opinion, it is superior to Urban Decay's. It has a richer colour and a smoother texture that allows it to glide on in just one stroke. It is also long lasting, about the same as its Urban Decay counter part. My Maybelline one is the Kohl Express waterproof eyeliner pencil in Brown Gleam. This one is a slightly softer colour, leaning slightly more towards the gold end, but that is due to it being more of your traditional kohl pencil, though I think it is between being a gel eyeliner and a kohl one. Its longevity is deminished due to its consistency, however I still think it is a nice colour. Out of all three, the one I would repurchase is Avon's Super Shock Gel Eyeliner.

Avon, Urban Decay, Maybelline


Stray Dog  is a grey brown with hints of lilac and silver shimmer. It looks pewter on your eyelid, but when you swatch it on your hand and really look at the colour, its fascinating. Kind of reminds me of wolves. It is again long lasting like all 24/7 eyeliners, though not exceptionally so. I do think I would repurchase this colour, mainly because it seems quite unique in colour.



No comments:

Post a Comment