Essential Items To Take Abroad


As I've just come back off holiday, I thought I'd do a post on the essential items you should pack in your suitcase, based off my experience. So here goes!


1. Suncream - Do not underestimate this stuff! I thought I could get away with factor 30 on my pale English skin  but alas, I could not, and both the backs of my legs and my back were severly burnt. I ended up buying factor 50 while I was over there, which cost a ridiculous 17 euro. Lesson : go one up than what you think, and then drop down towards the end of your holiday.

2. Germolene - Me and my friends ended up using a full tube of this while we were away. It soothed our bites, cuts, scrapes and rashes. 


3. Insect Repellent - Because my friend ended up with 22 bites, three being on her face, although we all had at least one.

4. Travel Wash - This was so useful on my two week holiday. As we only had a 15KG weight allowance we had to pack mix and match items, so at least we could have reasonably clean clothes to wear for a second or third time! And it only cost one pounds from the pound shop.

5. Face Wipes - Sometimes, you just cannot be bothered to wash your face properly.

6. Urban Decay Primer Potion (or any primer of choice)
7. One eyeshadow palette
8. One black eyeliner
9. Mascara (wouldn't really recommend waterproof, you won't end up wearing it by the pool and its a bugger to get off at night)
10. Bronzer
11. One lipstick
12. Lipbalm with SPF
13. Makeup brushes
14. Anti bacterial hand gel
15. Contact lenses and a pair of glasses for those with bad eyesight like me!
16. At least two pairs of sunglasses
17.Body puff for the shower
18. Hairspray
19. Aftersun (a good one with medical properties in case you get badly burnt, also keep it in the fridge if you have one)
20. Bobbles/ grips
21. Moisturiser
22. Deodorant
23. Perfume
24. Toothbrush
25. Hairbrush
26. A plastic bag for used underwear
27. Medicine - paracetamol, Imodium
28. Anti chafing gel

Things that you can sort out between people who are sharing rooms:-

29. Hair dryer
30. Ipod speakers (good ones that will blast your tunes out - one guy from our apartments took an amp! Good for partying, bad for luggage allowance)
31. Straightners
32. Plasters
33. Shampoo / Conditioner/ Showergel
34. Razors (buy a bigger pack and share them, and use conditioner as shaving gel)
35.Toothpaste / mouthwash

 Also, if you have a small baggage allowance, make sure you mix and match outfits and leave enough space in your hand luggage to transfer items in case you're over the weight allowance. When you get to the airport, weigh your suitcase on one of the un manned desks, because 80% of the time you will be over, but you'll have enough time to deal with it. One of my friends was 3KG over the limit, but because we weighed our cases as soon as we got in she was able to transfer some stuff to her hand luggage and other people's cases who had come under weight.

Hope that was useful!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment