REVIEW - Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation



This foundation is the best foundation I have used up to now. I have very pale skin, so finding a shade that matched my skin tone is very hard, and this is one of the reason why I love this foundation - they do a shade PALE ENOUGH FOR MEEE!! I use 1C1 Shell. However, this is not the only reason I love this foundation.

I think my skin must drink normal foundation up, because if I use your average cheap foundation it will have disappeared off my face within 2-4 hours. Which is not what you want. So I was, to say the least, extremely impressed with this foundations ability to stay on my face for more than 6 hours. It made me feel so gooood to know that it was still there and I wouldn't have to be worried about it going patchy in places or that I would go red and everyone would be able to see me go red. Ahhh, bliss.

Furthermore, I adore the coverage of the foundation - it makes you look airbrushed. It has a medium coverage, which you could build up or thin down depending on how you feel on a certain day. And, once its on, you can't really feel it. It has a semi matt finish, which I quite like because even though I have a love of all things matt when it comes to face products, sometimes you want to look slightly more natural, and therefore less matt. If you apply just this foundation, it is the perfect consistency between matt and shiny for me. It also doesn't sink into my large pores that flank my nose, which some other foundations do (and it ain't pretty).

The only things I would say against this foundation is that it creates quite a 'done' look. It does look more natural if you don't set it with powder, but I know some people don't like looking as done up as you will if you use this foundation. Also, every time I buy this foundation, I wince. It's £25.50, which is quite expensive, especially if you're a student and don't have a job! When you buy it though, it lasts forever and its just so good that even though I wince, I suck it up and do it anyway.

Want to try it? Buy it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment