Au Naturale

I got the best news today - one of my lessons was cancelled! Aha!

On a Tuesday I generally have English for the first two periods (from 8:40am to 10:20am), then I have three frees and finally have Classical Civilisation for the last double (2:15pm to 4pm). However, Class Civ was cancelled, so I got to go home early and that's why I can post this now :P

I thought I would show you my general college makeup, which is quite a natural look.
I don't have a lot of time in the morning as I try to spend as long as I can in bed, so when I do get up I only have time to slap a little bit on before rushing out. All I did here was put a thin line of black gel eyeliner on my upper lids, added a sweep of mascara and shoved some blush on my cheeks.

In highschool, I never used to leave the house without foundation on, without full makeup in fact - used to take me forever in the morning), because I go really red if I'm hot, embarrassed or excited. In fact, I never used to leave the house if my hair wan't perfectly poker straight either. However, now that I'm in college, I've toned down my makeup a LOT - probably because when I started I couldn't drive so I had to leave the house at 7am to get the bus to college so I really didn't have time to put it on.

I think as I've got older I've realised that I don't need to wear foundation 24/7, and so by pushing myself to not constantly wear it, my confidence has definitely increased.

Have you found that as you get older you feel less need to look perfect all the time?

No comments:

Post a Comment