REVIEW - Lime Crime Lipsticks


I've been meaning to do this post for a while now - since I put up my Lime Crime banner actually! I've been an avid follower of Doe Deere's for a while now, and was really excited when I heard that she was bringing out lipsticks; they didn't disappoint.



The first lipstick I bought was Countessa Fluorescent. It is described on the website as:-

"Ever dreamed of a Barbie pout? Countessa Fluorescent will help you get there! This shocking neon pink lipstick is so bright, it practically glows on your lips! Full coverage on all complexions, from dark to light. This shade combines lipstick and lipstain for prolonged wear."

This lipstick is so hard to capture! It's a lot brighter than this - in fact, the pictures on the banner do the colours justice.
 I have to say, that this is a very accurate description. The colour of this lipstick is a bright neon pink, and the consitency of the formula is quite thick and creamy, but doesn't feel heavy or dry on your lips. One of the best parts of this lipstick is that it lasts ages on your lips, at the very least six hours. Obviously by the end, the colour is not as bright as when you first apply it but it is still a fun, bright pink. Also, you can vary the intesity of the colour depending on how much you put on - if you only use a tiny amount you get a lovely flushed rose colour. However, you can wear it straight out of the tube for a bold statement - in fact, the last time I wore it I had people come up to me asking where I got such a bright colour! The only problem is, is that this lipstick is quite chalky - I know this was an issue with the earlier batches. They must have improved the formula though, because the other two are nothing like this one!

The second lipstick from Lime Crime that I bought was their red Retrofuturist. On the site, it is described as:-

"Bright 'retro red' for all the pinup girls out there! This true red leans neither blue nor yellow, which makes it is suitable for all skin tones. This shade combines lipstick and lipstain for prolonged wear. As seen on Cat Deeley of So You Think You Can Dance."

Again, hard to capture - for a more realistic colour look at the link below
This is officially my favourite lipstick ever. It is such a bright red, that when you look at other red lipsticks they seem dull. I've never seen another lipstick like it. This is the lipstick that I used in this makeup tutorial.I think everyone should have this lipstick in their make up kits!

Lastly, my newest purchase is Airborne Unicorn! It is described as:-


"Medium violet-purple lipstick with a neon note. Hue as mysterious as the animal itself. Full coverage on all complexions, from super-pale to extra-dark. This color combines lipstick and lipstain for prolonged wear."



Again, I can't fault the description. This colour I swear changes depending on the light! It goes from lavender, to neon, to pinkish purple to lilac! Ahh it's gorgeous! The thing is with this one however, is that I have to be wearing full makeup to get away with it, because if I just wear the lipstick by itself, I look like a corpse, as you can see from the picture above. The other two lipsticks look lovely just by themselves, but this one is a bit of a diva. I am happy to bend to its demanding ways however, because it is such a pretty colour! 
 
Overall, I love these lipsticks. Long wearing, high pigmentation and great colours, they are just divine! They glide on your lips, and don't feel drying or funny on. I do have a tiny bit of a problem with the packaging, in that the lid for Countessa Fluorescent has broken (I am heavy handed with my stuff though!) and they also feel quite plasticy, but I don't mind that. 


Lime Crime Lipsticks can been found in Space NK stores in the UK, and are also online here.
Price: £15

No comments:

Post a Comment