London, the Royal Wedding and a Review.

~Picture taken from Google~

So, I've just got back from Surrey, were my cousins live. I had a really nice time, just relaxing and having fun. We watched the royal wedding, whilst wearing tiara's and waving union jack flags like weirdo's. I cannot express my love for Kate Middleton - her dress, her hair, her MAKEUP (that she did herself, may I add).

We went into London on the Sunday after the wedding, and the flags were still up down the Mall, so of course we had to get about ten million pictures of us with them, because "when else are they going to be up?!" It wasn't as fun as it sounds though, due to the trees that also line the Mall shedding their flowers/leaves, most of which ended up in my eyes.

We all ended up a bit crazy after having endured lots of little tree bits poking our eyes.
 Other activities we did whilst down there were visiting the little highstreet (I'll show you my mini haul later!) and bake. We did a lot of baking down there - chocolate fridge cake  (mmm), lemon poppy seed cake (mmmmm) and carrot cake (FEED ME NOW!). It was like living in a patisserie!

My mini haul ft. some Avon products I've just got!
 Here's my little haul that I got in Godalming. I've seen Revlon's Just Bitten lipstain + balm all over, and have been dying to try it, so when I saw there was a three for two across all makeup in Boots, I pounced. I got it in Passion, a lovely Barbie pink. The thing that drew me to it was the fact that it includes a lip balm as well - my lips are in an awful state at the moment, so I loved that idea of having a two-in-one product. The next thing I got in the offer was the new Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Liner (pictured here with its accompanying brush), which I purchased because my old one that I got in Florida is running out and I lost the brush so I was using a crappy lip brush instead. The formula is nicely pigmented, light and easily glides on the lid. It does a good job of staying put as well. The last product in the set I got for my mum, and it was the Max Factor smokey eyes pencil duo thing in brown. I haven't used it on my eyes yet, but I did swatch it on the back of my hand and the formula felt really nice - the colours came out well and they didn't seem to drag or pull my skin. Nice.

The other things you can see in this picture are a bracelet I got from Avon, which I ADORE, and also a moisturiser that gradually builds up a tan (Avon's Skin So Soft Soft & Glow Ultimate Body Moisturiser). Now, I used the moisturiser last year, and I can say that it is hands down the best fake tan moisturiser you can buy. I have tried the Dove one, the Johnson's one, and the Nivea one, and all are beaten by this product. First of all, I love the scent. Its hard to describe - it smells rather sweet and clean, and reminds me of holidays - but is lovely nonetheless. Secondly, it has teeny tiny little bits of sparkle in it, that look amazing on the skin, especially when you've been using it for a few days and have built up a good colour. Which brings me onto my thrid and most important reason for loving this product. I confess, I am awful at applying fake tan. I'm so bad, that I've given up applying actual fake tan and have had to use gradual build up ones exclusively. So, when I say that you cannot go wrong in applying this lotion, I mean it. I get a flawless colour every time, which can almost be classed as miraculous. The icing on the cake is that it also contains SPF 15 - booyah!

Latly, here's a picture of me with my new hair! Yes, I took the plunge and once again got a fringe cut! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment