My birthday! (Lime Crime Haul)

On Monday it was my birthday - I am now officially 19 years old and into my last year of teenhood! Unfortunately I couldn't spend it with the family because I was at Uni so I got to open my presents a day earlier! Woohoo! I won't go through everything that I got, but I thought I'd speak to you about the bits of makeup I got! :)





First up I got two Lime Crime eye shadows in Diva and Troubadour. Diva is described as a 'warm metallic bronze' and is saturated in a beautiful golden shimmer. It is such a gorgeous colour, more orangey and sparkly than Baked by Urban Decay, which has more of a brown undertone. As one of Lime Crime's more wearable shades, it is the only one that has gained five stars in all its reviews, and for good reason. Troubadour on the other hand is a 'saturated shimmery turquoise'. It has silver and purple shimmer to it, and is again just lovely. One more thing I want to talk about before I move on is the new packaging! The other two Lime Crime eyeshadows that I own are in the old packaging, and I have to say I do prefer the new ones. They are prettier, sleeker and more expensive looking.



I also ended up getting the eye shadow primer, which is fab because I was running out of my Urban Decay one! And I have to say, this one is AMAZING. Seriously guys, you need to try this. I put my makeup on at 11am on my birthday, and by 12am that night it was still perfect, with no fading at all. The only thing I have to say about this is the fact that you have to use your fingers to apply it - I liked swiping it on with a brush and then blending it out with my fingers, but I guess if you have clean hands every time you use it it is more hygenic? Oh well, it is still the best primer I have ever used!


Lastly, I got a lipstick - one of their limited edition ones in Glamour 101 from their Lip Noir collection. It is a beautiful berry colour that will be great for winter and is what it says on the tin - glamorous.

One more thing I have to say is in regards to the packaging again. The older packaging was slightly fatter and taller, the new ones feel more slimmer and a LOT more sturdy. The old ones were very plasticy, in fact one of my lids has snapped from one of my older lipsticks. Again, I really like the new packaging! Now just to wait for my Carousel Gloss...... :)

X

No comments:

Post a Comment